MUSEUM PROJECT PROGRESS
While all of these events were underway much was also being accomplished by our dedicated Museum volunteers on the many projects underway. To give them full justice they will be reported on, with photos, in the Winter edition of our Newsletter
Among these were:
- Raising aircraft on jacks to unload tires
- Continued restoration of the Cessna L-19
- Completion and delivery to the Museum of the Piper PA-38 Tomahawk as restored in Fredericton
- Continued restoration of the Jetstar interior
- A remote control aircraft model to demonstrate flying control actions
- Painting of the CF-101 Voodoo on external display
- Many incidental, but vital, improvements in Museum displays
We were extremely pleased to have a virtually complete photo record of our many displays presented to the Museum. The photos were extremely professionally done thanks to the work of Jennifer McKinnon. Jennifer is the cousin of Colin Wilmshurst who is the prime mover of our L-19 restoration project .
Jennifer trying out the cockpit of the Avenger
(Photo – Colin Wilmshurst)
It is planned that many of these photos will appear in the Museum Website and will appear in the Newsletters as various displays are discussed.
Jennifer – please accept our sincere thanks for a job so very well done.